Go To Project Gutenberg

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Avast! More Kittens!

Over the weekend I cockily went about washing kittens from the kids’ bedding (see previous blog entitled “Kittens”) knowing that I had already been sick, and that I didn’t have to worry about my own kittens anymore.

I was wrong.

Last night, I went to bed at 8:30pm (I was very tired from being up with Sabrina’s kittens the night before). I awoke just before midnight and something was wrong. I could feel it in the pit of my stomach – a visceral gut reaction.

Even then, I told myself, “Pshaw! I was already sick! It must be something else.”

Nevertheless, Bruce fled the room in alarm to sleep downstairs.

Within the hour I had an exorcist-like encounter with kittens.

Even then, I told myself, “I can’t be sick again. Nobody gets the same virus twice in one week.

Except me.

Bruce stayed home again today to help with kids, and fortunately I’m feeling quite a bit better, but I think I’ll be avoiding the leftover pizza from dinner last night and will stick with Gatorade and Jello for awhile.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't someone come in and spray for kittens like they do roaches or termites? At least they should be able to. Hope the litter has all moved on to new homes by now. Stay strong Bruce! k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners