Go To Project Gutenberg

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Best Part


Tyler and Kiley.
Originally uploaded by Day&Kave.
Every night at dinner we play a game called "Best Part/Worst Part". We go around the table and one by one, share the best part of our day and then worst part.

It started as an attempt to draw information out of the children, who sometimes are secretive or have trouble communicating difficulties in their lives.

Well, at dinner tonight, MY best part is a no brainer.

My good friend Kaylin called me today from Seattle (hi Kay - I know you're reading this!). While I was on the phone with her, she booked tickets to Anchorage for next February! Hooray!

While she is not convinced that we'll be able to tolerate them for nine days, I am more worried that she and Dave, her husband, won't particularly enjoy more than a week sleeping on a double bed.

They will be here during Fur Rendezvous and so we have many exciting events to look forward to, like Sled Dog Racing and Sled Dog Weight-Pulling competitions. There's also a carnival with rides - I forgot to mention THAT part to her.

The above picture is of Dave and Kaylin's two kids, Tyler and Kiley. I am hoping Jack and Tyler can reconnect over Star Wars and Captain Underpants, and Kiley and Ellie will bond over.... well, over whatever two three-year-old girls bond over.

Meanwhile, I can hardly wait!

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so flattered! It was my best part too. XO-K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners