Go To Project Gutenberg

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Should Be in Bed...

I have to chuckle a bit. Setting up a blog was a fantastic way to establish some framework for my writing and journaling. I have written more in the past two weeks than I have in the past three months. This is a good thing.

But somewhere in the back of my brain there was this hope that I would be THE new blogging phenomenon. How crazy. Several times a day I check my blog to see if anyone has left a comment. Only my good friend Lisa, and who encouraged me to start blogging in the first place, has ever left me a comment. Thank you, Lisa! My other good friend, Kaylin, who also suggested I blog, at one point said I'd gain a following. Ha! Bless you, K. You almost had me believing it for a second!

Nevertheless, my self-worth does not reside in how many hits I get. Right?! It feels good just to visit my own blog several times a day and bear witness to the fact that I am recording tiny fragments of my life, so that at least I won't forget what happened during the last week (an all too common occurance, I'm afraid.) I get to reread events from the past several days of my life and fondly reminisce, "Ah, I remember THAT!"

Meanwhile, I have plans. BIG plans. My clever husband (www.occasionalfisherman.blogspot.com), who managed to hack the html code for the embedded song on my blog, may also be able to figure out how to write the code for one of those "counters" that record hits. THEN I will know about your visits even without comments! Ha ha ha! (Maniacal laughter.) The future awaits.

(Bet you can't tell I've been working on a bottle of wine tonight, can you?)

6 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

just wanted you to know i dropped by and read your post :) extra kudos to the hubby, as i am entirely impressed with the music. very, very cool!

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Splogs Are Taking Over
"The production of spam blogs as well as the onslaught of spam in the comment sections of blogs,also known as "splog",is particularly irksome because it dilutes the usefulness of search rankings.
Great blog! If you've got a couple of moments, please visit my Soul Mate And Love Quote related site.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Here's another kudos for ya. :) I'm enjoying your blog so far. Your kiddos are cute!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Gateway School and Learning Center said...

I can't believe you posted my blog addy to the world. Up til now I've been keeping my cards close to my teeny little chest. Hope I can keep the splogging to a minimum. I'll get you back. . . You'll have an even bigger following after I post your addy on my blog. Can't hear the music. Guess it's time to change the batteries in my teeny little speakers. Thanks for bringing the hot dogs to Kidfest 2005 today!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Turns out it was my blogging friend Lisa who gave me the tip for putting in a counter. Thanks Lisa! I try not to check more than once per day so I don't sway the results. So far I've gotten more hits that my husbands blog. But who's counting?

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I enjoy reading your blogs. You are a great writer! Thanks for sharing!

Chris wants to know if there are any new prints at the gallery from Keith Greba.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners