Go To Project Gutenberg

Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Day of Firsts

When I woke up this morning, I was convinced that it would take a miracle to get me through the day. So tired and foggy did I feel, I persuaded Bruce to take a sick day and help me with the kids.

I didn't anticipate then how good of a day it would be.

Jack learned how to ride his two-wheeler bike today! It has been a long time coming, but he did it! Just minutes before this picture was taken, he was still using training wheels.


Also, for the first time today, I was able to say to Evan, "Honey, would you let the dogs out?" Yes, Evan has figured out how to open the backdoor all by himself. Good thing its warming up, because now he let's himself out onto the deck in his bare feet. (sigh)

In other departments: Evan continues to show and interest in potty-training. I'm going with it, baby. Ellie continues to show in interest in potty-training Evan. I'm going with that too.

Those darn kids; they just keep growing and learning. What a flippin' trip.

Juneau's health is noticeably better than its been in months. We have her on a non-FDA approved med that seems to be doing the trick. I did, however, tell her vet that I would not be opting for the $1,500 knee surgery.

We bought a document-shredder today. While making an afterschool snack for the kids, I could hear Bruce in the next room shredding away. After a bit, I came into the office to check on him. While I could clearly see him shredding docs, the box of stuff to be shredded was no where to be found. However, next to Bruce and the shredder was our box of home mortgage records, which was to be archived in the garage.

"Uh, Bruce, please tell me you not shredding the stuff in that box."

Silence.

Finally: "This isn't the stuff that needs shredding?"

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. "No, honey, that's valuable information, like closing documents, title insurance, and other proofs we own our home. That stuff most definitely should not be shredded."

"Oh. Huh."

So, oh well. We don't really know what he shredded, but ignorance is bliss, let me tell you. He was remorseful, but I think its actually pretty humorous.

The snow is almost gone out of the backyard. The temps are cool - lower 40s - but its brilliantly sunny today and feels closer to 55 or 60.

Ah, life.

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How large of a trailer would you need to accomodate 6 people and two dogs?

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Linda said...

The size we'd need totally depends on the floorplan. We saw a 21' that could easily sleep 8. I've seen 30' that can only sleep 4. We need one that sleeps 7-8. Might very well have to buy one out of state and have it shipped.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jack! Brendan was exactly the same age as you when he learned to ride. Isn't seven a great age? Woohoo!!!

Love,
Auntie Liz and the gang :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners