Go To Project Gutenberg

Monday, May 01, 2006

On A Roll

Things I did today, no particular order:

* Sent an email to my aunt verifying her prior connection to this Friday's featured artist (Nancy Taylor Stonington) at Stephan's Fine Art gallery (where I work). [I want to ask Ms. Stonington if she remembers my aunt, but to avoid embarrassment, felt I better check with my aunt first. Rumor has it, my aunt dated Ms. Stonington's brother many years ago.]
* Scooped all the miscellaneous toys scattered all over Jack and Sabrina's room up into a plastic garbage bag. After storing the bag in their padlocked toy-closet (to be dealt with later), I thoroughly vacuumed their room.
* Cleaned a small spot of dog vomit of a couch cushion.
* Got about as caught up on laundry as it is humanly possible to get in our home.
* Planted seven varieties of seed amongst 50 peat-pots in an unusually optimistic attempt to bring forth vegetable life. Seeds in question include: onion, mixed flowers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, zucchini, and cilantro.
* Did dishes.
* Forcibly helped Juneau shed her winter coat.
* Vacuumed the entire downstairs.
* Faithfully stuck to my Weight Watchers "diet".
* Called the vet to ask why I've been waiting for two weeks for the call I was supposed to get the day after Juneau's last appointment.
* Called the school to find out when the psychologist is going to finish Jack's IQ test.
* Read the May 1st devotional and scripture reading for my new "Daily Word."
* With a toothpick, meticulously picked deeply embedded dog-poo out of the tread of Evan's shoe.
* Took a walk around the neighborhood with Ellie and Evan in the Radio Flyer wagon.
* Made spaghetti sauce for the pasta, and cheese sauce for the veggies.
* Moved one of the shelving units from the master bath down to the office, so that I have a place to set my book and coffee mug when curling in the armchair in there.
* Started my summer schedule at the Hotel Captain Cook, Mondays from 6pm to 11pm.
I think that's about it. Not very deep and profound, is it?

3 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Tuesday involve chauffering, scraping crud off our range, multiple loads of laundry, more chauffering, and getting Burgermaster for dinner (bad girl). Oh yeah, and bathing kids. Really, I think you're more organized than I :-)

Liz

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hotel Captain Cook?


SF

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I knew you were on a roll but, WOW! I feel honnored that you were able to squeeze in a chat with me. Kiley is now as convinced she's going to Ellie's party as Ellie seems to be. Maybe they know something we don't?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners