Go To Project Gutenberg

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Email to a Friend

My email reply to Kaylin this evening that I think adequately sums up our life at this moment (I'm too tired and lazy to "rewrite" it:

Kaylin,

Okay, I might as well warn you right now. That Kiley [Kaylin's three-year-old daughter] of yours is drop-dead gorgeous. It's NOT just you being partial to her. I mean, I've always thought Tyler [Kaylin's eight-year-old son] dashing, but Kiley..... Ohmigod. You best lock her up now.

No worries about the body shop deal. But I am crushed about the dave-thing. If it turns out you and the kids can't come either, I'm going to demonstrate by starving myself. That said, what's the deal? Is there a hot job-prospect that won't be able to spare him? [Kaylin, her husband Dave, and the kids are scheduled to come up to Anchorage in February.]

Had a good day with the in-laws, though Barbara overextended herself making a gingerbread house and gingerbread cookies with the older kids. She and Bruce are currently playing Scrabble. Bob has done what he does best, hiding behind a book in the livingroom next to the Christmas tree and ignoring the chaos coming out of the kitchen. I am his disciple.

It's actually snowing. But by now I'm cynical. It won't last. I won't bother getting my hopes up. I might as well be in Seattle. If we don't have snow when you get here, I'm going to demonstrate by starving myself. Either that, or picket outside the National Weather Service offices.

Took Ellie and Evan to the doc today. He isn't worried about Ellie's hair loss, but we got blood-work done anyway. I'm almost sure that her follicles are stressed, and it all has something to do with having lame hair to begin with, and my half-assed efforts to groom her for preschool. Evan has a double-ear infection and a pus-y throat. No wonder he didn't want to swallow anything. Even the Doctor said, "Wow. That looks painful." Maybe THAT'S why he spent the WHOLE DAY crying. Got him on Zithromax. His fever broke tonight. Poor baby. He only started showing symptoms of this crud yesterday - this virus hit him hard and fast.

I've got the munchies, but there isn't a single salty snackfood to be had. How about a nice, crisp apple? Fuck it. (excuse my french.) [To my conservative friends who think I am so "good" that I never swear - deal with it..... And Merry Christmas.]

Have a great night. Love, Linda

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are people who actually think you don't swear? What the fuck?

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, those people that don't think you swear had better vacate the premises when I'm around, particularly when I drop something on my toes.
If you need a little pick-me-up, food-wise, look in one of the boxes I mailed for a 4x12x1" box for you (and Bruce too). Hope everyone is feeling better! Love, Karen

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless Zithromax. Patrick is on pink stuff right now, too, for almost the same bug. Hang in there...it's not too early for a little Christmas Cheer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners