Go To Project Gutenberg

Friday, September 19, 2008

Conversion


Well, I never thought it could happen to me. It was always something that “happened to other people”. But here it is: I’ve gone low carb.

I can’t believe it. I’m not hungry anymore. I can only eat smallish portions. I don’t get low blood sugar. The extra weight is starting to drop off. I don’t crave “white food” anymore. I have energy and I’m feeling pretty good emotionally, and my typically hellacious PMS was ignorable. Is this how it feels to be NORMAL?

For example, lunch today was a lentil and spinach salad with some feta, cucumbers, onion and a tiny bit of low cal dressing. I made a huge portion because it’s mostly vegetables and lots of fiber, and I figured after nothing but a protein drink for breakfast, and then my workout, I would have a hearty appetite. Alas, a few bites in, and I am stuffed.

This is so weird.

Yes, I’m still drinking some “carbs” after 4pm (can’t give THAT up), but it doesn’t seem to matter. This is truly amazing.

I’ll tell ya. Going to the gym (daily) is (starting) to change my life.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger kq1226 said...

Better stock up on "white" food - esp. bread for you upcoming visit from Grandma! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

web site traffic counters
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners